In the latest 2023 Best Countries ranking by U.S. News, Canada has secured an impressive position as the world’s second-best country. Switzerland claimed the coveted first position, with Australia, the United States, and Sweden also making it to the top five.
This ranking is derived from an exhaustive analysis of 10 subcategories, each reflecting a facet of a country’s appeal:
- Quality of Life
- Social Purpose
- Cultural Influence
- Open for Business
The results were unveiled following an extensive survey that included over 17,000 participants from 36 countries. The specific positions of Canada in various sub-categories are noteworthy:
- Entrepreneurship: Canada is ranked 5th, trailing behind the US, Germany, Japan, and the UK.
- Agility: Canada claims an impressive 2nd place, just behind the US.
- Quality of Life: Canada secures the 3rd spot, following Sweden and Norway.
- Social Purpose: Canada is positioned 4th, behind Sweden, Norway, and Finland.
Furthermore, countries were evaluated for being the “Best for” various attributes and categories. Canada stood out:
- Studying Abroad: Ranked 7th
- Education: Achieved 4th place
- Starting a Career: An impressive 2nd position
- Raising a Child: Ranked 7th
- Corporate Headquarters: Secured 2nd place
Immigrants to Canada find it highly appealing for education and studying abroad. With consistent excellence across various perspectives and categories, Canada proudly claims the 2nd spot in the U.S. News ranking. From education opportunities to family-friendly environments, Canada continues to be a top choice for immigrants worldwide.